Holiday Activities & Food (HAF) Summer Provision
Liverpool City Council has been allocated funding by the Department for Education to provide holiday activities and healthy food for children and will not be offering free school meal vouchers over the summer break.
The HAF provision is aimed at children and young people eligible for income related free school meals. The programme will run over the Summer, October half-term and Christmas holidays in 2021.
The aim of the programme is to make free places available to children eligible for free school meals for the equivalent of at least 4 hours per day, 4 days a week and is designed for children and young people to:
- Be eat more healthily over the school holidays (programmes will be expected to work towards the school food standards as apart of the programme)
- To be more active during the school holidays
- To take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character, and well-being along with their wider education attainment
- To be safe and not socially isolated
- To have a greater knowledge of health nutrition
- To be more engaged with school and other local services
Parents/ carers will need to contact providers directly using the contact details provided on the Full List of Liverpool HAF Summer 2021 Providers.
Free School Meals
Your daughter could be eligible for free school meals if you or your partner receive one of the following qualifying benefit:
- Universal Credit - your household earned annual income must be less than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance>
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - with no Working Tax Credit and your annual household income is no more than £16,190 as assessed by the Inland Revenue
Further information for Liverpool residents - liverpool.gov.uk/benefits/free-school-meals/
Further information for Knowsley residents - www.knowsley.gov.uk/residents/education-and-schools/school-meals-and-menus
If your daughter is in year 6 and is due to start at Broughton Hall in September 2021 and currently receives free school meals at her primary school, you will need to contact you home Local Authority to tell them her new school. This will ensure that we are able to provide your daughter with a free school meal as soon as they start in September.